It’s been about 6 months now of trying out different commute options so I thought I’d reflect on all of the different things I’ve tried. I probably missed a few.
King County Metro
- 212, 217
- F Rapidride
- 952 (Boeing Special)
- Vashon Water Taxi
- Sounder South (Using stations Seattle, Tukwila, Kent, Auburn, Puyallup, Tacoma Dome and South Tacoma)
- 595 (Seattle to Gig Harbor)
- 566 Bellevue to SeaTac
- LINK Light Rail
- Tacoma LINK
- 100 (for fun not commute)
- 101 Trolley (for fun not commute)
- Bremerton Fast Ferry
- Port Orchard Foot Ferry
- Annapolis Foot Ferry
- 81/Annapolis Commuter
- Purdy Connector
Washington State Ferry
- Kingston/Edmonds (for a training in Bothell)
- Seattle to Bellevue (and reverse)
- Tukwila to Bellevue (and reverse)
- Connector (HQ to 3305 Satellite office)
- Private driver to P&R
- Drop off at P&R
- Enterprise Carshare
- Rental Car
- Uhaul (where I got a warning in the Tacoma Dome P&R for not being a commuter?)
- SOV (twice round trip)
- Amtrak back from Oregon
I also attempted a map…
Most interesting event:
- Being stuck on the Sounder in Georgetown for over an hour due to a suicidal man in the tracks and waiting for the hostage negotiator.
- Orca watching
- The fast ferry community,
- Running across the Tacoma Narrow Bridge after dropping off a Uhaul in Tacoma because buses don’t run late enough back to Gig Harbor.
- Winning a backpack for being an early Ride2 user.
- Breaking in LimeBikes in Bellevue and the Eastside Corridor all at once.
- Making the Ferry in Edmonds by 30 seconds and celebrating with a beer on board after my sprint.
- Random people I meet – both the ones I see every day and have a running dialog and ones I stumble across like a blind man that I helped get on the right bus.
- Summer bike riding
- Missing the 952 bus at the Newport Hills park and ride and deciding to bus it all the way home sitting in traffic on I-5 the whole way.
- Missing the foot ferry and fast ferry when I attempted parking at Annapolis.
- Having to drive all the way when I attempted and couldn’t find parking at Angle Lake.
- Federal Way
All in all I’ve been having fun with it all. I have so many more things to try out but I’ll save that for a future post.